Monday, February 26, 2007

Unwarranted Efficiency

I’ve been using HSBC mastercard for more than 3 years now. I’ve been a good customer, with perfect payment history and I’ve never failed in remitting my payment before the cut-off date until this month.

I missed the payment, mainly due to the fact that I was out of town for the CNY holiday.

I’ve just received a call from HSBC staff :

HSBC : “Hello Mr.Bryan… Ini Mr.Bryan ke??”
Me : “Yes, speaking”
HSBC : “Oh Mr.Bryan, saya telefon dari HSBC credit dept.”
Me : “Yes, anything?”
HSBC : “Ya Mr.Bryan, you ada outstanding bill untuk mastercard anda”

*still talking in malay although I’ve been replying him in english, the World’s Local Bank! Localised indeed as far as the language goes*

Me : “Ya, saya tahu, saya outstation jadi belum ada masa lagi untuk pergi bank”
HSBC : “Oh ya ke, Mr.Bryan sudah tahu. Boleh Mr.Bryan jelaskan bill sebelum minggu ini?”
Me : “Yes, boleh boleh.”
HSBC : “Ok Mr.Bryan, saya akan tuliskan satu note dekat system, jadi you akan bayar sebelum akhir minggu ini… terima kasih.”


Wow, all the effort from the bank to remind me of the outstanding payment. I really admire their determination in doing this, but some how I felt a bit insulted in the process…

My outstanding bill – RM79.85

No comments: