Monday, July 7, 2008

To buy or to hold??

I have been wanting to get myself a new car, it's something that I have shelved a year ago due to the new house that we've bought. Yea.. having your own place and furnishing it could really burn a hole in your pocket.

Anyway, since then I have made considerably progress in my career and of course my bank account and since the begining of 2008 I have been toying with the idea of getting myself a new ride. I have tested quite a few new cars in the market and now I am pretty much settled with these 2 choices - the sleek looking Peugeot 407 or the reliable "New" Toyota Altis. Personally I really love the look at the Pug 407 and the long list of equipments that comes with it. The Pug 407 that I am considering is a new CKD version with the price tag of 135k. The car will be officially launched on 9th July 2008, this coming Wednesday. I have been invited to the launch event but I do not know if I want to attend it now. The problem is again with.... our dear F**KING government.. opss... sorry for the obscenity here but I am really pissed.

If you have read my previous two very impromtu "political" posts, you can pretty much tell that I am not at the most optimistic front about the current political landscape of Msia and the development of it worries me. Simple, instability = unpredictability. Buying a car in Msia is a huge commitment and it's a liability rather than an asset. I am just not ready to make that commitment as I can almost smell huge changes in the country in the coming few months.. maybe it will be wiser for me to just stick with my trusty old Nissan Sunny for now and see how the year will end before considering it again.

1 comment:

Darthbaboon said...

Civic FTW! Altis cheats little children with their old engine. IMO, oil prices are cut-throat now... just get a family wagon for the future. ;p