Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I found the perfect credit card!!

You know what is the most frustrating thing I find about credit cards? It’s their reward programs! I feel like I have been taken for a ride all this while and I have ended up with nothing.

I have just checked out the latest reward program sent by one of the bank, do you know that I need 19,000 points just to exchange for a RM100 voucher??

19,000 points = I need to swipe RM19,000 worth of purchases to get that.

I use my credit cards to pay for everything, bills and purchases… I do make a conscious effort of not overspending. People tend to do that when they have a FEW cards in hand. So I am proud to say that I have no credit card debt and lots of points… but points that are practically useless to me.

Recently I have been introduced to a co-brand card issued by one of our local bank. I can tell you, it offers the best reward program that I’ve known so far.

I compare both of my cards, with the new co-brand card, I could exchange for the same RM100 voucher with only 5 reward points. (This bank awards 1 point per RM100)

I need to only swipe RM500 worth of purchases to get that!

Par to par, if I make RM19,000 of purchases with the new co-brand card in a year, I could easily exchange it for electrical items that is worth hundreds of ringgit!
There’s no catch to this, it is an honest and simple truth…

2 comments:

Samm said...

which one? i also wann. u know hoh,. my hobby collect credit card wohh

Unknown said...

what card? HSBC?